www.Brooklyn-Homebrew.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A homebrew discussion board for Brooklyn and beyond!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brewing Demo

+4
Eat Crow
brooklynhomebrew
Dimik
Capt. KiRkLeS
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brewing Demo Empty Brewing Demo Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Capt. KiRkLeS

Capt. KiRkLeS

Does anyone know of brewing demostrations within the 5 boroughs? Brooklyn Homebrew, will you be doing any?

I have nearly completed 2 brew days but I feel if I can see how others go about it will help me out. I get the idea but it's just the small stuff in between that I haven't gotten into the grove with yet.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

2Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Dimik

Dimik

I think we should have a brew buddy system. Like if there are brewers living near one another, why not brew something together to share their experiences and wisdom, along with a few pints of brew? Smile

I think it would be cool, and I'd be willing to come over and help someone on the weekends, if it's not too far away or not too troublesome.

3Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:46 pm

brooklynhomebrew

brooklynhomebrew
Admin

We currently do not offer classes, although we get asked about classes all the time. We just don't have the setup to do so yet. But I noticed that you live on Staten Island???! If that is true then I should tell you about Mark Zap and his Homebrew Club, they alternate meetings, one month is brewing a batch, the next month is a tasting. Here's the site, http://newbrightonhomebrewsociety.wordpress.com/. I highly recommend it if you are not a part of it, Airbourneguy is also in the club!
Hopefully someday we will be able to teach classes. I should also mention that we carry all of James Spencer's DVD on how to brew, for all different levels of brewers. They are very informative and you get to see all the steps.
Other then that, you will find plenty of brewers who are willing to have brew days together. The brewing community is a very friendly one!
-Danielle tongue

http://brooklyn-homebrew.com

4Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Eat Crow

Eat Crow

Do you prefer to see a demo brewing all-grain, or with extracts only? Or a partial-mash brew using some base malts, some specialty malts, and some extracts together?
I may be brewing on Monday, so I was curious what you were hoping to do.

5Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Capt. KiRkLeS

Capt. KiRkLeS

Danielle, I have heard of New Brighton Home Brew and I can't wait for my first meeting. It will definitly be a great opportunity to see how others brew. I guess that might just be what I am looking for. If BHB ever does anything, I'll be there.

Crow, thanks for the offer, but unfortunitly I am unavailable monday. Let me know the next time you are brewing, I'll try to make sure I am free.

I still have a lot to learn and I can't wait to keep on brewing.

6Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

No offense bud, but didn't I already offer you this a few months ago? If you wanna learn, the resources are out there, but you have to take advantage of them... Our next club meeting is the 18th and we are brewing two IPA's.

7Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Capt. KiRkLeS

Capt. KiRkLeS

None taken Airborne and yes you did, thank you and will be there this
sunday for the next meeting, I'm looking forward to it because I am am
almost certain my last batch is infected. I was just seeing what
others have done/are doing.

IPA's are my favorite too...should be interesting!

8Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:07 pm

thatguy314

thatguy314

I tell anyone that wants to schlep up to the Bronx that they can do an all-grain brew day with me if they want. Of course, there are plenty of good all-grain brewers in Brooklyn and Manhattan, so I don't get many people who want to take me up on that offer.

9Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Fritzeye

brooklynhomebrew wrote: I should also mention that we carry all of James Spencer's DVD on how to brew, for all different levels of brewers.
-Danielle tongue

Clubs are great, brew buddies are great, but if you are shy, my brother in law sent me that DVD before I started brewing. I ingested books, magazines and podcasts, before starting, but after playing that DVD the light bulb went on and I realized it is easier than you think.
I have since passed it on to one home brewer who passed it on and .........
Good luck.

10Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

One new guy at the meeting this week. He met one of our members at a bar and they talked about the club. It was a great meeting, two IPA's were made and other than the friggin' heat, everythign went fairly smooth.

11Brewing Demo Empty Re: Brewing Demo Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Bassman

+1 on the James Spencer DVDs. I don't have the first one but have the other two and he really simplifies without dumbing down. I thought about buying the first even though I'm already brewing just because I figure I could learn something new.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum