www.Brooklyn-Homebrew.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A homebrew discussion board for Brooklyn and beyond!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you drinking right now?

+7
Eat Crow
Fritzeye
Capt. KiRkLeS
deenowherechef
bad coffee
Dimik
Airborneguy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What are you drinking right now? Empty What are you drinking right now? Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

The most interesting thread of any beer related forum Wink

Right now, I am on my balcony, smoking a cigar, drinking a Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen, one of my favorite beers!

What's in your glass?

2What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Dimik

Dimik

A 3.0% abv bitter that I decided to dry-hop with Fuggle... Take it from me, unless you're into drinking garden-water runoff, don't try it. It's like drinking liquid earth and grass... Bleh! Though after some weeks cold conditioning it has become quite nice on a hot day now Shocked

3What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 pm

bad coffee

"mystery brown"

I tapped a keg that I thought was an Irish red, and it's brown. So if it is my Irish, it's a brunette, not a redhead.

A friend is coming over tonight to sample all the beers I have on tap. (5) I'll probably change up beers then.

Maybe not, this stuff is actually pretty good.

B

4What are you drinking right now? Empty Hot. Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:15 pm

deenowherechef

deenowherechef

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale! Hmmm. It never gets old. 'rendeer'

5What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Capt. KiRkLeS

Capt. KiRkLeS

Hey airborn!

Right now...i'm finishing up my dogfish fort

6What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

Good to see you on here also!

7What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Fritzeye

drinking my hydrometer sample of a Saison using Wyeast 3711. Finished at 1.004.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just kegged it and will report back in a week.

8What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Fritzeye wrote:drinking my hydrometer sample of a Saison using Wyeast 3711. Finished at 1.004.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just kegged it and will report back in a week.

Oh yeah! That yeast is a monster!

9What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Eat Crow

Eat Crow

Founders Dirty Bastard....... a Wee Heavy scotch ale. Delicious, but totally inappropriate for a 90+ degree day.
But the AC in my "beer room" where the fermenters are is nice and cool!

10What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 pm

AstoriaBrewer

Had a pint of 6-Point Rye last night. Very enjoyable!

11What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Just popped open a 750mL bottle of my latest Saison (yep, I made this a Saison summer Smile, got at least 2 more recipes to brew). 6.9% abv, finished at 1004 (gotta love 3711). Though it has not yet been two weeks since bottling, I just couldn't resist. A little funky, peppery and white-wine-ish notes from the yeast, peppery alcohol, fizzy carbonation, effervescence, nice head... gotta love Strisselspalt and Saaz! Rye adds a little something, and the color is actually orange, like it should be Smile Starts crisp with hops and carbonation bite and is peppery and warming going down. Very refreshing, but I wouldn't operate any farmhouse machinery after this. This is gonna be sa-weet in another month or two, but is a bit young right now.

12What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 am

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

Had a Redhook ESB tonight at Citifield. Tomorrow is the big drinking day... pig roast time!

13What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Popped open a bottle of Witbier. Just 2 weeks since bottling, but I couldn't wait. Light, refreshing, fizzy. A bit disappointing though, I wanted more orange flavor, but it is barely there Sad it does have grapefruit character though, so that's good.

14What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:43 pm

deenowherechef

deenowherechef

Finally found a bottle of the Blue Point Pale Ale! What a beer! affraid

15What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:01 am

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

Negra Modelo all night. My favorite Vienna Lager!

16What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen, my favorite beer in the world!

17What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:55 am

Bassman

I just got back from meeting with junior high school friends, people I have not seen in 35 years! Right now I am having a Blue Point Toasted Lager, one of my favorites. I am sure I will have 1 more at least before I go to bed.

18What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Ahhhh, just indulged in a couple of pints of my petite blond... Perfect belgian to cool off in this terrible heat.

19What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Indulging in some homebrewed tripel. Totally inappropriate for the season, but after a hard workday, and finding out that the last three weeks worth of work has just been flushed down the toilet... Ahhh. Such is the nature of things. Too bad tomorrow will be even worse... damn!

20What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 am

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

Had a pint of my Apple Wheat and about half of my ESB last night. Today I am throwing myself at the mercy of a new resturaunt I'm trying out...

21What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Bassman

I just had a Mild I brewed. I actually made a mistake when topping off the fermenter, I did an extract partial boil, and the gravity was a little high. But it tasted wonderful after only a week in the bottle.

I had planned to brew today and even though the beer was only a week in the bottle I wanted to have after brewing, so I put 1 bottle in the fridge. I ended up not brewing but decided to do a taste test anyway. It was wonderful! Clean, nice body and I would not describe it as a brown even though the gravity was high.

I am definitely brewing tomorrow after work so I guess I'll have to put one more in the fridge and let the others go for another week or two.

22What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 am

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

My ESB right now... had some Bud Light tonight at Yankee Stadium before I realized that the import beer stand was right outside my section! Sad So I also had a Hoegaarden. Made up for the Bud Light Very Happy

23What are you drinking right now? Empty Goose Island Brew-pub Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:11 pm

AstoriaBrewer

I got a chance on a business trip to Chicago yesterday to make a side trip to Goose Island Brew-pub on 1800 Clybourn. It's not the OG large-scale brewery, but they are brewing out of what looks to be 6 or so 15 barrel systems on-site none the less. Needless to say, I sampled quite a few...

312 Urban Wheat (4.2%)
The clearest wheat beer I've ever seen. I think they mean this to be a classier alternative to the American macro-adjunct beers. And it was quite serviceable as such. A refreshing light bodied ale, with a hint of wheat.

Green Line Pale Ale (5%)
Just as they billed it. A lighter styled American Pale Ale. Hops were more citrusy and a light bitterness. Not altogether different from the 312 (minus the wheat, plus a bit heavier on the mouth).

Hex Nut Brown Ale (5.5%)
Very nice English style brown, cask conditioned. Earthy and tobacco on the nose, but quite smooth and almost sweet tasting through the finish. Could've had several of these if I didn't have to make a flight out of O'Hare.

Black Imperial IPA (8%)
I had this one with their steak sandwich (one of the recommended parings off the menu), and it was great! Black like a stout, some roasted flavors, but still had a very traditional American hop flavor and aroma. Great with the food. On its own, probably not a beer to stay with for a whole evening.

Sai-Shan-Tea (7.5%)
This is their saison brewed with a rare lemon meritage tea. It was quite well rounded for a saison, I thought. Lots going on in the nose/flavor, but nothing really dominating. Well balanced for that style.

...and Finally...
Bourbon County Brand Stout (13.5%)
I wish I could say I had this for desert, but it was what I started with, and IT had ME! This is a bourbon cask aged imperial stout. Comes in a snifter, full up to the brim, and when I saw condensation on the glass I was thinking it was coming out of the tap too cold for the style. Turns out, it was just really humid in Chicago yesterday because that beer was amazing! It was HUGE, and th balance of the bourbon/oak, alcohol heat, malt roast, hops, et al were spot on for my taste. I'll fess up to being a stout drinker in general, but this was my hands down favorite of the trip. mmmm... memories.

-Hoping (in vain) to see some of these on shelves out east.

24What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Airborneguy

Airborneguy

On my second and a half rabbit brown ale, my own creation. Only 2 1/2... not bad for a brew day!

25What are you drinking right now? Empty Re: What are you drinking right now? Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Dimik

Dimik

Ommegang's Abbey Ale. This dubbel tastes almost identical to what I brewed a few months ago. Really good................

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum