www.Brooklyn-Homebrew.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A homebrew discussion board for Brooklyn and beyond!

You are not connected. Please login or register

co2 my larger

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1co2 my larger Empty co2 my larger Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 am

newquaysimon

i have let my larger settle in a pressure barrel but not much fizz can i co2 charge it then swap lids or will it de gas. sorry but first time newbie and the large tastes god but not much fizz and just dont want to bottle it.any help i would be please take

2co2 my larger Empty I never heard of a pressure barrel Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:13 pm

chrismcnally

chrismcnally

We normally use kegs. I think you must have a plastic keg of some kind? I think you could bottle condition it inside that barrel. Isn't that what it's for? I am not familiar with it but I found a link here:

http://www.yobrew.co.uk/beer.php

They say it's only good for 10psi and recommend adding only 48 grams of sugar and calling it 'real ale'.

If you open it you will lose pressure. You should bleed the pressure off first no matter what before opening. It Sounds like you can just release the pressure, open it up, add some dry yeast (only 5 grams or so would be needed for 5 gallons I believe) and also add the appropriate amount of sugar, seal it and let it condition for two weeks at room temp.

Do let us know what this device is. any photos?

3co2 my larger Empty Re: co2 my larger Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm

newquaysimon

chrismcnally wrote:We normally use kegs. I think you must have a plastic keg of some kind? I think you could bottle condition it inside that barrel. Isn't that what it's for? I am not familiar with it but I found a link here:

http://www.yobrew.co.uk/beer.php

They say it's only good for 10psi and recommend adding only 48 grams of sugar and calling it 'real ale'.

If you open it you will lose pressure. You should bleed the pressure off first no matter what before opening. It Sounds like you can just release the pressure, open it up, add some dry yeast (only 5 grams or so would be needed for 5 gallons I believe) and also add the appropriate amount of sugar, seal it and let it condition for two weeks at room temp.

Do let us know what this device is. any photos?

hi ya thank you for your advice and yes i have 5 gallon kegs .i did try to condition in the keg but i think the problem was that i was thinking that it would be gassed like in a pub or bar.it turned out to be great but i have now found out if i like gassed beer i need to get a cornelius keg which is what i have my eye out for .when i get one i will let you know how it goes .i must say that the wine and beer i have made so far have been very good and a few friends of our came round at christmas and give the wine the thumbs up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum